The call for proposals to host 7 Experiences Summit 2023 is open.
Deadline for proposals: November 7, 2021
To be able to objectively decide upon a venue for 7 Experiences Summit, we invite you to prepare a proposal according to the following principles.
- Overall principles about the organization of 7 Experiences Summit 2023
The 7 Experiences Summit is a forum where people interested in experience research, from all disciplines, worldwide, can meet and form networks. The Summit activities should enable knowledge exchange and networking across disciplines in order to accelerate the development of a more coherent field of experience research.
- 7 Experiences Summit 2023 should take place between September and November.
- The Summit should preferably be planned as a hybrid event.
- The Summit is supported by Experience Research Society, which is an organization owning the brand of 7 Experiences Summit, choosing the Summit organizer, helping to advertise the event, and supporting the organizers with advice and information regarding the previous editions of the Summit. Nonetheless, the Experience Research Society does not take any financial responsibility for the organization of the Summit, but the hosting organization carries the financial responsibility of the event. This means that the local organizers must plan for all expenses related to the Summit in their budget, including the venue and food costs, travel and accommodation for the invited speakers, student volunteer expenses, video, audio-visual and internet expenses, kits, local transport, publicity, possible review process expenses, publisher charges, Experience Research Society fees, etc. The Experience Research Society will get 5% per ticket sold, which should be considered in ticket pricing. The suggested price range for tickets of online events is max 50 EUR / person, and for physical events the fee should be below 500 EUR per person. The members of Experience Research Society should get a discount on the ticket price, while keynote speakers and student volunteers typically get a free ticket.
- The mandatory content of the 7 Experiences Summit programme includes (preferably 7) keynote speeches from different experience research disciplines, 7 workshops to discuss topics in experience research, and a social program. The proposers are welcome to suggest more activities. These activities should also have a clear output or deliverable (see detailed evaluation criteria below).
- The 7 Experiences Summit aims for equal opportunities for all countries to participate and to volunteer to host the event. The proposal should state how this international spirit of equality is sustained. We especially encourage diversity and fairness in selection of the 7 keynote speakers. More broadly, we would also like to see how the proposers plan to attract and support diversity and inclusion among authors and participants.
- The proposers must commit to working with the Experience Research Society and being transparent in their presentation of the organization of the conference to the Society. Since the 7 Experiences Summit brand reputation is on stake, the proposers must commit to reporting to the Experience Research Society and participate in the Society’s meetings regarding the Summit.
Value for the Host Organization (HO)
The HO gains international reputation and exposure as an experience destination and institution. The HO gets a network and collaboration opportunities in experience research from international experts. The HO gets the status as a strategic partner of the Experience Research Society and the associated visibility on its website.
Writing a proposal
The organizing teams of the previous 7 Experiences Summits will offer mentoring support to those wanting to propose to host the next Summit – feel free to reach out to 7XSummit@ExperienceResearchSociety.org early. You can see a short report of the first Summit.
To be able to objectively decide upon a venue for 7 Experiences Summit 2023, we would like you to prepare a proposal describing the following:
- Hosting organization: The local organization must take full financial responsibility for the arrangement and therefore the organization’s commitment must be specified. The hosting organization’s economic commitment must be specified in a signed letter of intent. The Summit should be organized as a non- profit event.
- Venue: In case of offline or hybrid events, describe the conference facilities at the proposed venue as well as hotels and the venue for the social program.
- Budget (plan): Estimate the expected number of participants and registration fees, and provide related budget scenarios. Please clarify the financial benefits and risks.
- Committee (plan): The organizing committee needs to include general chair(s), summit secretary, and publicity chair in minimum. The general chair(s) and secretary should be known in the proposal, other posts can be filled after the notification. It is beneficial if the general chair(s) have previous experience on organizing similar events and have a multidisciplinary background in the areas of experience research.
- Theme: Describe the focus of the event and propose a unique theme for 2023 and the reasoning behind it. What will make this edition of 7 Experiences Summit something special? Profiling the summit can involve a theme and slogan.
- Sustaining the summit purpose: Describe how the Summit will foster forming a more coherent experience research field, and be inclusive both with respect to disciplines and various professions through advertisements, participation categories, etc. Describe how the conference aim is truly international both with respect to topics and participation.
November, 7. 2021 – Deadline for proposals
Send by email to 7XSummit@ExperienceResearchSociety.org
November 30. 2021 – Notification of the proposal evaluation
Evaluation Criteria for Proposals
A formal commitment of the host organization to carry the financial responsibility is a prerequisite for proposal evaluation. Please note that this approval process may take weeks in your organization, so it is advisable to start it as soon as possible.
Please find below the evaluation criteria for the proposals:
- Attractiveness of the Summit: theme and programme, uniqueness of the event
- Attractiveness of the venue (e.g. accessibility, capacity, affordability, ease of travel, sustainability)
- Previous experience in hosting international events
- International recognition in experience research
- Indication of a clear output / deliverable per main track (7 experiences format)
- Diversity and inclusion concept (e.g. diversity of speakers, equality)
- Sustainability concept (e.g. overall sustainability, green events concept)
Please contact 7XSummit@ExperienceResearchSociety.org